Keelings Knowledge has conducted market research on family businesses, and we would like to share some important information with you.
Family businesses occupy a unique position worldwide. They are seen as a (stable) engine of the economy. This is characterized, among other things, by the visible involvement of the owner, rapid decision-making, the way of leading, the connection with one’s own people, suppliers, customers and the stability of the family business. The commonly known contributions of family businesses to an economy are;
- Family businesses are less likely to lay people off and more likely to hire despite the possibility of an economic downturn.
- Family businesses are more likely to give charitably to their respective communities and engage in extensive philanthropic activities.
- Family businesses are less likely to raise debt and are widely deemed financially prudent.
The ability of family businesses to react fast to situations / opportunities, continues to drive its success in the fresh produce industry and this adaptability will be needed even more in the coming years as digital transformation increases. The following are the findings of a survey carried out by KPMG with regard to “Family business in the digital economy”.
- 64% of family businesses surveyed said that digitalisation is a top concern for them;
- Among family businesses that see a need to digitalise their businesses, 63% cited lack of expertise and skills needed to develop and implement a digitalisation strategy;
- 75% agree that there is a need for digitalisation but they may not fully understand the significance or its possible benefits given limited understanding.
Keelings Knowledge is part of a 3rd generation family business in the fresh produce industry. Our culture and values are that of the industry and family values that are required to remain current, sustainable and drive growth. We have the intrinsic motivation to do things right. In this way, we use thoughtful practices because we always have the long-term perspective in mind.
What certainties can Keelings Knowledge offer you?
- We are a future-proof company and offer future-proof ERP software;
- We promise what we can deliver and we do what we promise;
- We see cooperation with our suppliers and customers as partnerships;
- Our help-desk team have years of experience in the industry and offer real support;
- Our software is built by the industry, for the industry;
- We manage risk well and deliver projects according to the conditions;
- The evolution of our software total solution never stands still.